Suitable books for 3rd/4th class students
This is a list of suitable books for 3rd and 4th class children. Parents are advised to check that the book is at a suitable level for their child before they read it. Some children may need books at an easier level or a more difficult level depending on each child. Below is a good way to check if the book is suitable for your child. Read one page of a book. Raise one finger for each word on the page that you don’t know.
NO FINGERS OR ONE FINGER
This book is easy for you to read. Have fun!
This book is just right for you. Enjoy your reading.
This book is challenging, but you may still enjoy it. Try it!
This book will be very challenging. Read with a partner and/or a dictionary handy.
This book is probably too hard to be fun. Save it for later, or read it with an adult who can help you.
1. The BFG, by Roald Dahl
2. Pippi Longstocking, by Astrid Lindgrin
3. The Killer Underpants, by Michael Lawrence
4. Velveteen Rabbit, by Margery Williams
5. Sideways Stories from the Wayside School, by Louis Sachar
6. Five on a Treasure Island, by Enid Blyton
7. Charlottes Web, by E.B White
8. My Father’s Dragon, by Ruth Stiles Gannet
9. Bright Lights, by Linda Chapman
10. James and the Giant Peach, by Roald Dahl
11. The World According to Humprey, by Betty G.Birney
12. Horrid Henry, by Francesca Simon
13. Snakes Elbows, by Deirdre Madden
14. Goosebumps, by R.L Stine
15. The Worst Witch, by Jill Murphy
16. The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
17. Children of the Famine, by Marita Conlon-Mckenna
18. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll
19. Judy Moody, by Megan Mac Donald
20. Harry Potter J.K Rowling