suitable books for 5th/6th class students
This is a list of suitable books for 5th and 6th class children. Parents are advised to check that the book is at a suitable level for their child before they read it. Some children may need books at an easier level or a more difficult level depending on each child.Below is a good way to check if the book is suitable for your child. Read one page of a book. Raise one finger for each word on the page that you don’t know.
NO FINGERS OR ONE FINGER
This book is easy for you to read. Have fun!
This book is just right for you. Enjoy your reading.
This book is challenging, but you may still enjoy it. Try it!
This book will be very challenging. Read with a partner and/or a dictionary handy.
This book is probably too hard to be fun. Save it for later, or read it with an adult who can help you.
1. Bill and Fred, by John Quinn
2. Cherokee, by Creina Mansfield
3. Deep Water, by Anne Turnbull
4. Faraway Home, by Marilyn Taylor
5. Goodnight Mr. Tom, by Michelle Magorian
6. Holes, by Louis Sachar
7. I am David, Anne Holm
8. Point Blanc, Anthony Horrowitz
9. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, by Mildred Taylor
10. Spy Dog, by Andrew Cope
11. The Boy in the Striped Pjs, by John Boyne
12. The Guns of Easter, by Gerard Whelan
13. The Strongbow Saga, by Judson Roberts
14. The Wreck of Zanzibar, by Michael Morpurgo
15. Under the Hawthorn Tree, by Marita Conlon-McKenna
16. Riding Out the Hurricane, by Maeve Mc Mahon